Wednesday, October 12, 2005

router dead or dying videoing rain

second day off on a row, my midweek holiday, dominated by trying to fix the router...

when we bought it 3 years ago it cost us over £150... the same model i could get now for £30... but then that's no big surprise...

i've practically given up on it... if no one responds to my post over on DSLreports then i'm binning it... or at least giving it to someone who might cannibalise it...

so i'm still without internet in my room, just this computer in the basement... later today i'm going to find a way to get the cable in to my room and connect up for a few hours, almost a weeks worth of emails - (knowing my luck there will be 2 emails, both from my work) - a chance to upload some of the pictures i've been taking...

really rainy day today in london town and i was putting my camera on a plastic bag on the tarmac and holding my umbrella above it to video puddles... sadly no video of the sky today, although i'd like to solve the problem at some pont, interesting one, how to protect the camera while still being open to the sky..?

and i'm reading a book P has lent me called the field - i forget the name of the writer... about the zero point field that was discovered in quantum physics in the early part of the 20th century, it's implications in the modern world... i was suspicious of it at first, pop science can irritate me sometimes, but it's proving to be really good, interesting... P loves it and is being quite evangelistic with it...

G has lent me enough money to survive until the credit card arrives on friday but i'm not out tonight celebrating bo's birthday and it still annoys me how they've messed with my life... but i don't want to get started on that again...

the e e cummings & fernando pessoa books of poetry that i'm getting as soon as it arrives... bring it on...

x

No comments: