Saturday, October 08, 2005

internet troubles

our router is sick by the looks of things...

the router... my bicycle...

so i've just connected this computer directly to the cable modem to post this and check my chess moves and try and find out some wisdom on the router...

(luckily paulette just missed a killer move... left myself a little too open i did...)

a few days ago i was walking around the royal northern gardens, which is the name for that little bit of park by the beaux arts building... i lay my camera down on it's back and video'd the sky through the trees from a couple of locations, one of which was a rock, the other just the grass, i made a little rectangle of four twigs on the grass so i could find the place again... i like the idea of filming a minute or two from each place, twice a week or so, seeing how it changes...

so yesterday after work i got the 17 bus back and it dropped me just by there, i revisited the stone, set the camera up started video'ing the sky again from the same spot while i looked for the rectangle... and was delighted to find that it was still there... so that little series is progressing, found another spot as well and took the first video from there...

don't know where it's headed... don't need to...

for some reason you don't know... what love is... until you've learnt the meaning of the blues... has been going round my head recently, we've got an open mic @ work in a couple of weeks and i'll probably sing it there, along with this tune i'm working on now, which was vaguely intended to be part of the video project, before i realised that the video should come first, that being the point of the project... somehow singing you don't know... gives me an inroad into finding some lyrics/melody for my current thing...

x

didn't go and get grace yesterday as i'd planned, financial considerations... i'm sure it'll happen another weekend, i spoke to her and she is getting more & more articulate on the phone, am i coming to your house?... living within my means breaks my heart a little...

it meant that i could accept three more hours work yesterday afternoon, with nippy, which was very helpful and also fun... a couple of times in the afternoon i found myself emitting that high pitched - air escaping laugh from something either M or nippy said to me... i just love how stupid i can be with them...

x

1 comment:

CëRïSë said...

Living within my means breaks my heart, too. I feel your pain.