Thursday, October 06, 2005

patience billy boy

as someone said to me recently... it's not that i'm patient, it's that i'm stubborn... sadly, i'm not stubborn...

and my patience has momentarily failed me...

i'm waiting to recieve something in the post that will make my life possible... when i ordered it they told me it would take 5 - maybe 10 - working days, i've just phoned them and they say at the latest it will with me by tuesday - which is 15 working days later...

if they had told me this back then i would have done things slightly differently...

on top of which my bike has a mystery flat tire, with no puncture we can find (i wouldn't trust myself to find it but spski has a way with bicycles and he couldn't find it...) which means that it's the valve that's broke, which means a whole nother inner tube... which is fine... only i can't get it until this thing arrives and in the mean time i'm having to spend money on tube travel which is such a waste...

you know when a couple of things in life just aren't working out right..?

not the right moment to start blogging, right after that where the f**k is my ****? conversation... i should just play the piano for awhile, calm down, maybe run a bath...

the cold still in me,

me & spski went to see a great film last night called billy childish is dead, about the chatham based poet, musician, painter... who was there answering questions afterwards... very interesting and intelligent man, i think he's playing in tufnell park next friday night, and if he is i'm going to try and get along, crazy rock'n'roller that he is...

actually the man who made the film was a curiously inspirational man...he was clearly a fan of billy's and he'd borrowed his brothers camera and approached billy childish with the idea for the film, to which billy's wife said forget it, look at him he's useless (or some such - as recounted by billy last night), but billy said alright then, if you want to...

and this geeky bloke then spent 4 years on the dole, filming various people talking about billy... (just how many times am i going to use the word billy?)... edited it together using premiere.. finished it up with a little help from someone else and there it was last night, part of the raindance film festival...

just shows you really can do what you want to, with the materials you've got at your disposal, whatever it is you've got... very much what the man himself was saying last night, we should all be making things...

a marvellous counter current against my financial woes...

bless that billy boy...

x

1 comment:

Carol said...

I was at a film festival last week and the people that made the films were as inspiring as the people they were about.
The one you saw especially demonstrated how important it is to believe in what you are doing.
I hope you get to see Billy perform.