Tuesday, January 17, 2006

waiting for pluto & loufkia

i've had the bbc news live video link running for the past 45 minutes waiting for NASA to launch it's mission to pluto...

high winds by the sound of it, they're hoping to launch in about 5 minutes.. 45 minutes behind schedule...

on sunday my firefox went wierd on me and i lost all my bookmarks and whatever cookies i had... i still haven't logged back into deoxy, i have no idea what my password is...

instead of the tabbed bookmarks i had set up i now just had latest headlines... which when i press it gives me a list of headlines from the BBC...?

anyway i've accepted this new paradigm and i'm digging the BBC thing, it being where i found out about this mission to pluto...

i've had a little trouble with my new motherboard, it still thought it had a slower CPU in it so it behaved accordingly, i think i've got it now... i've also bought the CPU fan which i've had my eye on... a very sexy thing which noone will see as it'll be shut up inside my computer... should arrive tomorrow morning...

i went over to manolis's earlier and he told me he was cooking loufkia, so i left there and pooped over to the landlords to play the piano and drop off a rent check...

returning about 45 minutes later the loufkia was ready and delicious, i picked up the short story i'm reading there, strange comfort afforded by the profession by malcolm lowry, began last week when i'd forgotten monsieur, my current book... should be finished with that short story the next time i go there, which will be tomorrow, taking advantage of the loufkia...

manolis had won about £50 at the bookie's and he bought a big bottle of teachers of which he urged a glass on me... not a whiskey drinker but i like drinking with manolis, in the small way that it happens... the character in the story was drinking grappa in a bar in rome and reading through his notebook... i felt closer to him...

ok the launch now set back first to 19:30 and now to 19:50 GMT, another 20 minutes... spski left the kitchen now so i'm relocating up to my room...

the voice on the video called the launchtime 19:50 zulu...?

x

No comments: