Thursday, January 26, 2006

backwards hangover celebration

my first thursday without londonbridge work today...

so i cycled over to hammersmith from here...

and then after work i cycled over to londonbridge work to drink to the memory of a student who died a couple of years ago...

so a backwards thursday...

the entire cycle journey backwards....

the hammersmith part was good, it's a route i'm a still a little hazy on as i cycled it with a friend from there so much, didn't have to know the way... he's started leaving work ealier now so i'm on my own and it's still solidifying...

really good to have to do it backwards... gets the brain working,

which was good today because my brain wasn't really working, me & G celebrating with alabama slammers last night and i had a sore head this morning... my hammersmith class really demoralised me today, just didn't feel equal to the teaching task what with the hangover and it's not solid enough that it just runs on it's own, it needs constant attention and i wasn't as good as i could have been today...

but i was still good... certain students having semi ah ha moments... always nice...

after work i sat for awhile in an almost pitch black room and played the piano... at first the odd random effect of not knowing what keys i was touching, but once i'd found myself i addressed myself to C, the student we were raising our glasses to tonight and i set to it...

a great thing in 5 came through... maybe weld it onto the fragile beginnings of the current piano piece... producer G was there tonight and he told me that he 's eager to get recording again... he who recorded connie with me about 4 months back, being the first to this fragile second...

also amongst us was M who has been my apprentice for many years but is no longer, spreads her independent wings these days, she taught the search & reflect intensive on wednesday that i'd been doing on monday, and now she's off to australia with her loved one... great to see her this last time...

M & M made up the 5 of us, with L leaving just as i arrived earlier on in the night... M being my work sister/confidante & M being the man who came round and fixed my fender rhodes last year...

lovely people, the memory of C carried us through, a celebration more than a mourning,

x

No comments: