Saturday, January 28, 2006

satisfying

about 30 minutes ago i was facing the fact that i had to find 2 things, here, in this room...

tax return related...

the first was the relevant payslip, the second was the letter from the inland revenue containing my user ID for the online tax return...

now last weekend i found the tax return itself which was a milestone and i was disapointed to find that i hadn't put the relevent payslip with it as i thought i'd done last april...

i've turned over much of my room since then looking for the payslip, turning up interesting things as this always does, like the cd of houselink, the backing for... a hotel full of cops track that we used to do live based on my bassline... of which there is a tiny clip of on the website from around 2000 (listed as live at the mass, brixton under live tracks), now the whole of that recording i would be so happy to find... anyway, this cd made me wander about using the backing and performing a version myself, on my own, at the vibe bar in a month or so... singing as well as playing groovy rhodes keys...?

anyway, each area of my room that i checked out at least allowed me to cross off the list, where the payslip could be was getting smaller and smaller...

but now i had to find something else as well and would have to revisit all the regions...

it looked bleak...

and then within 20 minutes or so i found them both...

the payslip was nestled in the pages of the tax return, if i hadn't opened the tax return i would have carried on looking potentially right up to the 31st deadline...

and then the user ID which i'd thought was probably in this computer, surely i would have made a note of it somewhere, just pops up finally in a nondescript looking file...

so now i have it all...

the first discovery made me shout with satisfaction, the second just made me smile in that relieved way...

oh tax return you are a rollercoaster...

x

No comments: