Friday, January 27, 2006

numbers

at the start of the evening, when i was still at work, i had 15 (x2) essays to write feedback for...

in order to make it easier on my mind i split them into 3 groups of 5...

i didn't last long at work, the radio station underneath us (that i used to DJ for, many years ago) held a meeting just where i was trying to work...

i cycled along the river to clear my head, listening to my shuffle, cycled past the critical mass that was gathering by the NFT, a chill in the air and the beginnings of rain, cycling as fast as i could when the space allowed me...

got as far as the point where you can drive down to the water's edge, towards vauxhall, paused with the music of meshell ndegeocello dying in my ears, gazing at the water, orange streetlights reflected... then raced back, this time the critical mass people were gradually moving out... made it back to the tate modern and crossed over the river at the millenium bridge...

took off my headphones, strapped on my helmet and made it home eventually with cold, cold hands...

that clearing of my head cycle journey on this cold night was a strange choice... but it was great...

anyway, the essays, got through the first third of them before i got hungry, did just one more which disturbed the symmetry of the three's or so i thought, but on the way to jai krishna's where i was picking up my meal i realised that 6 is 2 fifths of 15... each fifth being a 3...

about the enter the 3rd 5th... the 7th and 8th (pair of) essays, being the guardians of the halfway point... once i've done 7 i'm almost halfway, 8 and i'm past it... then with 9 i'll be 3 5th's and my G will be home,

might call it a night on these then... alternating between tax return searching and completing these tomorrow...

i think the looming tax return has increased my fascination with numbers...

x

No comments: