Thursday, July 08, 2004

inept swap

once more in need of r & r, although jai krishna sorted me right out, went along there with spski, wearing some old but not that knackered shoes, keeping out the rain sooo much more than my current "ran into the ground" versions...

so today we (the 3 teachers), dj'd and mc'd to them (the 7 students), and they dug it. in a funny, laughing kind of a way. the end of the term, almost, and i already feel how much i'm going to miss them, certain of them in particular.

basskid, easier to write about 16 yr olds because they already have their cyphers decided on, originally very challenging, laughed at my shoes very early on, teased me. very hard as a teacher. upset me then needled me because i was upset. classic teenage behaviour, somewhat inexperienced as i was then. shoes in a terrible state.

so quite some time later we were on a residential activities weekend, climbing, i anchored him, he anchored me, trust grew. these days we get on the best out of them...

so as part of the evaluation we did this tune, i dj'd (they laughed) - we all mc'd (they laughed), much later, just before they left, basskid sat at the piano - he has some skill, keyboards are one of the ways you communicate with music software, but he wants to know more,

he said "r*** this is for you", and played a few chords, then a little, messy tune.

in ineptness it matched my mcing.

call and response.

x

No comments: