Monday, July 19, 2004

edward said sold out

ran from work to the ICA to catch edward said; the last interview, only one showing a day @ 6:30, got the train from london bridge to charing cross and sprinted through the crowds at trafalger square, only to find that it's sold out, and in fact it's sold out all week. they're not showing it again until august... so if there is that much demand to see that fabulous intellectual on film in homage after his death, surely some other screen should show it?
 
it came out in the midst of my financial turmoil and i knew it would only get a limited run, intellectual films don't last long @ cinemas, but they do come back,
 
so i lay down in that park by there (by the serpentine) and gazed at the sky, changed down a gear or three, read some, although i have to tell you this isabel allende book is really pissing me off, self satisfied or so it seems to me, my invented country is testing my reluctance to not finish books. a hundred or so pages in, over half way through the book, and only now does she start talking about the events of her life...
 
maybe it's just how it was with frank, really great at the start but got old and self important and missed the mark, i so enjoyed isabel allende when i started reading her, years ago, the house of the spirits, paula, eva luna, was i blind? am i blind now? does this cloud hanging over my head make me less patient with her?
 
well we'll see, L lent me memed, my hawk by Yeshar Kemal, maybe i'll leave isabel by the road side... L (bassist) was looking @ my bookshelf, he saw a lone harvill press book & said that he had often bought books because of that leopard on the spine, i showed him my other bookshelf almost filled with harvill press books, murakami, carver, ford, i feel the same way.

No comments: