Monday, July 12, 2004

2 bagels 2 books some weird looks some macro-biotic food

31 minutes into my 31st birthday, there's no way i can do justice to the truly wierd and rich day i have just lived through.

what a day
what a day
2 bagels in my left hand
this space against that sound


each word sung into the space of the northbound platform @ borough tube,

1 1 4
b7 b7 b3


the tune of the what a day's.
loving the natural reverb, thinking about the contrast between the delicous silence and the roar of the train when it comes. idle thoughts about whether the reverb is still there on my voice even though the train drowns it out,..?

gave a bagel to that man who ended up at the other end of the platform, he started to make a sound of his own, almost crying i thought, i'll never know. the only other person hearing my voice in that space. "that's diamond" (the bagel).

this after that lovely closing jam @ funki g's party (@ work), D on drums (guitarist who'd played with his band earlier on in the day on clissold park), R on percussion (in D's band), O singing, me on keys. O who i said "surely me must have met before then" so much had i spoken about her with D...

E- F#- Gmaj7 A7

R (funki g's brother) coming in and out on guitar, fixing it in a blues way with his presences, allowing me to take it slightly away from that with his absences,

it became all about space, lovely...

then the journey home, victoria line sat next to this man, started stroking my ear and hair at one point, i raised my eyebrows and he theatrically withdrew, the two women opposite in hysterics, he just one of many looking at me in a strange way, me with 2 bagels and a plastic plate containing (fantastic) macro-biotic food, and my notebook, struggling to read pedagogy of the oppressed.

really not a day to have started that book, under a cloud all day, pulled down my curtains by accident, saw F (who won't get the name funki g calls her here), very nice, her fella cooked the food... strange that i have met her only a few times, (she came to my first ever soiree a year and a half ago - the heavily rilke one), and yet i can be really open with her, not having to pretend that i'm in any state than the one i'm in... and the state i'm in right now is dog tired. the sun is going to wake me up very early later today, my 31st birthday, so hitting that hay..

x

No comments: