Friday, May 19, 2006

this to this

being the name of the play...

i've probably lost Hcello for this project... a small possibility that she'll make it round tomorrow afternoon but i have to assume that she won't and then it'll be a pleasant surprise...

and whilst this was a bleak thing this morning, i've managed to rearrange my plans to include a hammond organ instead of her cello, wouldn't have been my first choice but actually it's sounding real nice...

it being a whole different acoustic world to the cello, but a good acoustic world, my voice remains in there, a little more vulnerable without the cello but there none the less... and the hammond being a virtual instrument has led me down an easier path to the piano and i'm currently using my REALPIANO module...

...bizaare aside, the written note that came with my module from the previous owner is currently lying on the floor beneath my keyboard stand - the iceburg effect of my room - it says: R... HAVE FUN WITH THIS BABY, ALL THE BEST, J...

if i have time and if i can i will rerecord the piano parts using an actual piano but this way i have more control and it's great to hear my little module within a whole sound like this one...

so, of the 22 pieces of music i have to write/record, i've finished 3, actually i haven't even finished them, some mastering things to be done when the whole project is recorded - but for the sake of my looking back and organising my present... 3/22 done...

it's going to be a long weekend...

x

No comments: