Tuesday, May 23, 2006

structures done

ok so the play opens tonight, the scene change pieces were handed over yesterday morning, (i was on my back from the theatre when the accident happened), so that they could do the tech rehearsal,

the first dress rehearsal is in about an hour and i intend to deliver these 2 last pieces (intro & outro) in time for the second dress rehearsal this afternoon, then go to the dentist and see about this fatlip/tooth business, marking essays while i'm waiting...

i didn't cycle in to work yesterday, i wanted to, but the force of the collision had bent my left pedal out of shape so that it doesn't go round anymore... i'm taking it to the bike shop now, she's going to pay for the repair... when i saw that it was broken yesterday i had a flash of anger that was bouncing around in me all day thereafter...

& i had trouble getting to sleep, a nameless fear wrapped around me in my almost sleep kept making me wake up again...

but physicaly i'm fine, i was wondering where the force of that collision went (she was driving really fast) and it now seems that my pedal took the brunt of it... amazing that that much force was bending my pedal out of shape centimetres away from my foot... my left shoe is looking slightly scuffed...

anyway, i now have the structures of these 2 tunes sorted out, just have to arrange properly within those structures and then pay attention to the sound...

it's been a strange journey, going right in to write these 10 - 15 second pieces all weekend and then having to pan out again to deal with 3-4 minute tunes...

x

1 comment:

felinity said...

Well done, hope it goes well tonight.

K x