Monday, May 22, 2006

hit by a car

my first time,

i was on my bike, i had the right of way on highbury corner roundabout... she didn't see me, & although i did see her it took me a little while to realise that she wasn't going to stop... she had a green light and culd see no cars coming round the roundabout, she saw no reason to slow down...

but i did eventually realise and she did eventually see me so we both took evasive action, which meant that i was shocked, pale & slightly bruised while she drove me home instead of not getting up in a hurry...

i feel well enough to cycle to work now...

highbury roundabout is a dangerous place, i'm going to find a route to work that avoids it...

x

3 comments:

felinity said...

Oh god! Glad you're OK, but definitely definitely find another route. Trouble is, even when it is your right of way, drivers often don't look (and are big and can damage you).

xxxxxx Ride safely. xx

trave said...

oooo ouch. I'm glad you're ok, too! Drivers can be careless at times. I don't think I've ever been hit by a car, but I have had close scrapes - usually my own fault, if I'm honest...

Anonymous said...

I have been involved in two collisions with cars and it's not much fun. on both occasions I got up, wheeled my bike to work and then burst into tears. Shock. Hope you have recovered.