Friday, May 26, 2006

old tunes

i think because i did my tax return way early and without the usual frantic finding of pieces of paper my life has decided i need that frantic experience...

and so, right at this time when my room is at it's maddest, the composition whirlwind having left it's mark, i have to find a piece of paper with some marks written on it for written work and for performance work completed by certain of my students several months ago...

things like this end up being like archealogical digs, sifting through artifacts, dating them, finding a vein of stuff that is close in time to what i want to find, following it...

so of course i'm procrastinating, i've been ridiculously productive what with the music for the play so i'm allowing myself a little more space...

and i'm listening to some of my old tunes, an albums worth of music that i collated and then gave out to a few choice friends (with ears) for their opinions a few years back... by the time i'd got the opinions back i'd moved on from making music in that way (computer - cubase) and was more and more doing music directly with voice & piano so the album project fell away,

i was wondering what music to put on my myspace and i realised to my dismay that i no longer had the tracks from that album, P has kindly given me them in the format i gave them to her back when i was wooing her and now i'm eager to find them in proper uncompressed format... they sound lovely...

so the physical search for the marks is balanced by a search in my computer for these tracks (most of which are inexplicably missing) which throws up some interesting finds... (as does the physical search - in fact, about an hour ago i found a piece of paper with feedback from one of the friends with ears about the album)...

so far my myspace is pretty barren, with a picture and 2 tracks, one of them being harbour walls and the other the intro to This to This which i'm tempted to go and see tonight, (but i'll have to get my skates on if i'm going to)...

so... laters...

x

No comments: