Friday, September 30, 2005

comes in 3's

woke up today and i was slowly making my tea in my immediate just got out of bed way and i read a note from my housemate....

hard to describe it but behind the note i know what kind of headspace she was in when she wrote it... a fairly petty, irritating headspace... and i read it just as my day was coming into focus.. i tried not to let it get to me but as i took my morning shower i could feel it buzzing around, as i became more conscious i could feel this point, a little like an insect sting/bite rising within me...

turned on my computer because i needed to check some information before i set off for work and someone had left a comment on my blog (this very blog) which might well have been left with some nice intention but was not percieved like that by me this morning, friend to the friendless... singling me out as being the friendless...

tempting to simply reply with a f**k off but i didn't, just let this new irritating thing join with the note...

then i was just leaving the house and i found that my back bicycle tire was completely flat...

and i comforted myself with the thought that they come in 3's, these irritating things, and that was my 3...

and lo & behold i managed to shake off the cloud and go about my day... taught a good keyboard lesson with the other keyboard teacher taking half the group, experimental time for us as we check out how best to combine our talents, promising beginning,

and then i was in town, bicycleless (i had no time to deal with the flat tire this morning, took the train in), in this grey day, with my camera... so i stooged about abit...

i was videoing the water of the thames and i fell into a conversation about the tide with a passing banker type, quite a banking hour or so it was in fact because i decided to go and seek out something M had told me about last night, right in the heart of the banking part of the city (bank - funnily enough)...

i almost couldn't get to it because it's part of a posh bar/restaurant with a dress code - (me in standard issue longcat scruffiness) but i managed it... and it was pretty great, very odd...

it's called 1 poultry and it's an ugly looking building right by bank tube, the entire top floor is the posh bar/restaurant but you can just get the lift up & go straight to this odd garden..

through the garden you get to a viewing platform which suspends you over the bank crossroads... i didn't hang out too much up there but i'll be returning again many times... high rooftops in london so do it for me...

after this little adventure i got a bus up to angel to check out which films i could see with the last of the free cinema tickets, that expired today, i had two tickets but couldn't raise another film lover (friendless you see) so i settled on watching wolf creek on my own, with the option of another film later in the day if i wanted it...

wolf creek was an hour or so off yet and i decided to hang out in angel instead of popping home, had i had my bicycle i'm sure i would have just come home and i like the fact that i didn't, that a different routine brought something different from me...

i found my way down to the canal and took a fair bit of video of the water, climbing over the lock to get some good views of the weir and the big old lagoon type thing they have there...

quite content by the time i got to the cinema, the canal perfect for me...

and then wolf creek absolutely ripped that contentment to pieces... horrible film... good, but horrible, felt cheated by it somehow in a way that i can't describe without giving away the film - which i'm not going to do - even though i would strongly recommend that you not watch it... horrible thing...

walked back through highbury and holloway listening to gil scott heron, that cloud from my morning solidly back around my shoulders... the sky above actually clearing just a little, patches of blue sky through the grey...

typical of autumn really for me this day, bits of moodyness, bits of good free inspiration and hope... the last day of september...

x

5 comments:

CëRïSë said...

Hmmm... I think you're right... that last comment didn't strike me as very encouraging, either. I did enjoy happening across your blog. Beautiful photos, and great design!

Carol said...

Sorry to have set a bad tone for your day but I am glad to see your honest response.
If you read the origins of Friendly Friday you would understand. It is not meant to discourage,only to say you deserve more comments and more blog friends. I enjoyed reading your posts and listening to the music.
Keep on...

Anonymous said...

I got a really rude comment from someone a few weeks ago and it ruined a whole day for me so you did well to rise above it.

Thanks for the tip on no 1 poultry which is a building I loathe but as I love going on top of buildings I will check it out. Did you know that one of the things Ken Livingstone is trying to do in London is make sure all new tall building have public access to the top?

ganching

longcat said...

good old ken... that would make a big difference to my quality of life being able to go to the top of several... maybe more tall buildings...

i haven't yet read the origins of friendly fridays but i accept that no harm was meant by that comment, and it was only one third of my irritating morning anyway,

and nice have a few friendly comments too,

i had a comment a couple of weeks ago that made me angry for about a week, i deleted it, funny how this electronic, alienated world really can affect our emotions... slaves to other people's perceptions...

x

Anonymous said...

my lj name came about after I got some utterly poisonous comments on my blog (on my birthday of all days) from a girl I hadn't seen for three years, and who had been breeding her resentment of me in that time. Nice. Almost ruined the whole thing for me ... thankfully not. Hope your saturday started off on a better note.

That garden on poultry looks amazing
Px