Wednesday, September 07, 2005

music

H came round today to play cello with me, fantastic, it's going to be really good i think, we got into a long conversation about personalities over lunch (in the amazon), the dynamics of playing with different people...

it made me think about last year's music making, with K, L, H & me, when harbour walls was coming into focus... i really liked that the band was becoming a thing as the tune became a thing...

this year it is Catalan E's tune which is gradually becoming itself as me & H crystalise our thing,

that space where a tune is becoming itself, from fluid to concrete, (reclaiming land) which i live in, how i want to expand that space to include others... while still retaining control/ownership of the thing...

(how many times can i use the word thing in one post?)

we also looked at harbour walls, checking the rhythm of certain bits, i really want a drummer on that one...

and i hooked my mixing desk into my fender rhodes to get the volume that it doesn't always give me on it's own, made me think of getting my sm58 microphone into the setup, practising the amplified voice thing...

No comments: