Wednesday, September 14, 2005

transition

from summer to autumn, and from rest to work...

my happy, lazy lifestyle, creative and bookful, is coming to an end, work calls, tomorrow (later today), my first full day of work, actual teaching for once... tight belts for a few more weeks until i get paid... always the poorest part of the year for me...

today, after lunching @ the amazon i walked up the disused railway with spski, we popped into prospero's books but the fernando pessoa book of poetry i've had my eye on was too slim for too much, i'll get the one in foyles next time i'm down there... he went back down to jai's and i carried on up the parkland until the highgate tunnels... taking all kinds of pictures, maybe a few will come out... then i walked back down, passed a man singing to himself which pleased me, and in fact drew some song from my voice too, but he sounded better than me...

passing close to where he lives i phoned floopy... G's dad, (they form the father & daughter punk band the watts) and i popped round for some conversation, i'll be returning there next week for another chess duel... i beat him back then but i bet he's been practising...

and now i'm getting afew things together for my teaching tomorrow...

a certain energy or mood out there today, really nice, sunny, summery moments and blowy, autumny moments too...

you know those days when you get lot's of eye contact from strangers...?

that was today for me,

x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Far and near, close and far away
Can we not hear, if we but listen to what Flaubert tried to say,
Ils sont dans le vrai! They are with the truth, they have found the way
The kingdom of heaven on earth on Sunday summer day.
The voice of Kafka, forever sad, in despair's sickness trying to say:
"Flaubert was right: Il sont dans le vrai!
Without forbears, without marriage, without heirs,
Yet with a wild longing for forbears, marriage, and heirs:
They all stretch out their hands to me: but are too far away!"


It's been that sort of day for me.