Friday, September 23, 2005

late sunlight

blessed day without work, fridays will be a working morning, but not until next week, then my irritatingly short lessons start... going all the way into work for only one & a half hours...

but then it'll be midday and i'll be near the river...

hammersmith still want me even though i took so long letting them know i couldn't do thursdays like they'd booked for me, the manager there is famously useless but he's also a supportive and nice guy when the mood takes him... so my timetable hasn't quite settled down yet, but for now it looks blissfully light, tuesdays and wednesdays off, i can't quite work out if i can afford to live on it (or indeed pay off my summer debts with it) but i'm liking the look of it...

at some point earlier today i was really digging the idea of making a short film to put music too, as i've intimated here before, a rainy afternoon it was, but clearing up a bit so i put on my big coat and scarf and wandered around out there with my camera and my shuffle,
M.I.A got me (on foot) to the holloway road where i chilled out a little @ the amazon, S & S their usual delightful selves... then miles's E.S.P album took me up the road, off to the west through a little park i keep forgetting about, played a little on the roundabouts and carried on following a route i'd walked once before,
passed this great lantern made from nescafe tins, ending up at tufnel park...

then looped back round, miles playing along with herbie hancock on piano, one of those quintet albums from the 60's, wayne shorter, tony williams... back on this side of the holloway road i took some video from that odd circular stone in the park by the beaux arts building, resting the camera on the stone and getting views like the library both directly and reflected in the water that gathered from the rain earlier...

met a 2 & a half year old with his mum (P & T), perfectly nice... then once home and transfering all the images and video's onto my computer balthazara came in and we loved each other for awhile, her watching the computer screen while i tried to get rid of something from her fir... she gets love in different ways from each member of this household and now they're almost all away she misses them...

No comments: