Wednesday, September 14, 2005

dancing

full on day, first full day of work as promised and not enough sleep which was no surprise, began the day without tea very shakily, but i'm a good teacher and it didn't take long to get back on track, great morning session with new students, promising bunch...

during the day i found out that my ipod shuffle is not broken afterall, G (recording/producer G) with the knowledge, and M right there with knowledge too, teaching pair @ mywork,

directly after work i cycled over to london bridge for mobile-clubbing, my now functioning shuffle put to good effect, although the selection of tunes was not the most dance happy set i'd ever made... i ended up grooving to the headhunters album, herbie hancock's electric jazz-funk, found dr K, spanish M, G (watts daughter), spski & edge and we rocked it right there on the bridge, amid commuters, pretty arsy commuters at that, a middle aged woman approached me at one point and said what are you f**kers doing here?... mobile-clubbing i replied...

it normally takes me ages to get dancing, the layers of self-consciousness falling away only slowly, but with your own music, amongst a small crowd of ravers, all @ different tempos, somehow it got groovy for me pretty quickly, good company of course does wonders...

i stayed for the 1st two tracks on headhunters, chameleon & water melon man, then the rest of that album saw me drifting down the thames & just over tower bridge, before plunging into the ditch and finding my way though to mare street, the home of lovely M... even got to cycle by the canal for a brief stretch...

M who was present @ one of producer G's early summer jams, beautiful man and a maker of beautiful tunes, and we made the sexiest tune tonight... long planned for and not a moment too soon... many beautiful tunes coming from that relationship i hope...

x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O's.

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Kat and I (although we've never met) have been readinng each others ljs for a while, and after I wrote about mobile clubbing on wed she sent me a link to your blog. Wierdest thing - my housemates brother who was doing it for the first time was listening to herb hancock for a bit too ... small, small world ...
had a problem with my ancient discman skipping everytime I moved a limb so wasn't my best time either but made up for by the view and the setting sun
P