Monday, February 07, 2005

gigged briefly god dadded grooved on my way home into reason

two gigs in two days, kyo tribe, really, really nice...

right now just bouncing along to this tune i've made in reason that came out of a riff i sang myself home with, reading the london review of books, lugging my keyboard home, thinking about the many images of me, similarly lugging my keyboard, in the surveillance system of the london underground...

me & P celebrated two months together yesterday by lying down and listening to robert anton wilson, later she came out to the first of these gigs @ unity works in hackney, courtesy of the small world stage... full of hippies, rocking gig, i-fly on before us, they of she likes me better when i'm bashing people up fame back @ the turaya gathering, and ben godwin on before them, only caught the very end of his set but bizaarely he was playing at today's gig as well, first on for raison d'etre this afternoon, not that i saw him today either...

P taking pictures, odd portrait of the two of us all in red...

then today woke up after too little sleep for the sound check @ the spitz, hung out for some square pie in spitalfields market then came home to P who cooked her fantastic rice & beans which fed josiah & grace as well us two this evening, grace alittle wary at first of me with my beard but happy as larry with P...

a race as ever as they were leaving, getting them to the train to brighton before shooting off to the gig, P almost coming with me but falling away at the last stage of the journey, a last kiss then off to sleep whilst i ran to the gig, set up my keys madly getting it together for once being the one the band starts to worry about making it...

the gig itself really great, my solo in african woman really well appreciated, if a little scary for me, no less good perhaps, felt edgy... a slightly shaky beginning to the gig with the sound at first really rough on stage, settled down to be a blinder, raison d'etre 's last gig @ the spitz, partly because C PREGNANT, maybe a future for kyo there...

the reason track still bubbling away, the emphasis has shifted since i've been writing and i'm hearing the one in a different place now, (i wonder how i shift it within reason?), it's a triplet five thing and it makes me think of harmonic experience and something rio told me once, that if you can play three over a five rhythm you're effectively playing the major third and the fifth but much, much slower, maybe i'll put that rhythm into this tune, along with the harmonic major third and fifth...?

x

No comments: