Sunday, February 27, 2005

one monkey don't stop the show

fairly horrible week... haven't wanted to share it with you good people, me & P no more...

beautiful dreamer the film about brian wilson and the making of smile has been great and it's one of those times when a song has led me by the hand... surf's up, what a melody, what chords...

i hope to sing it at my landlord's place on easter sunday, currently asking around about that date,

also coming closer to finishing harbour walls... sat @ T's piano yesterday and played through these tunes along with the thrill is gone... really great feeling for them, for that piano... want to see how i can approach that sense / feeling / experience through my keyboard, that kind of mastery of my instrument that good real piano's give me... but when am i ever gonna get a goood piano to perform to an audience on... except @ my landlord's...

gillian welch on the stereo, fantastic new album, it's taken a little while to get with it but i'm digging it now, one monkey don't stop the show

x

and then this tiny footnote, turned on my fender rhodes just now and it was there... not as loud as it can get but just nicely present... tried to get a gillian tune down, then surf's up, the thrill is gone, harbour walls... getting closer... the fender rhodes a living thing... rsponding to certain chords by getting even louder, like it could be about to break through to it's big, big level... gone back to it's familiar quietness by the end of harbour walls.. x

No comments: