Thursday, February 17, 2005

upright or not

went over to L's to play a bit, his double bass sound improving all the time, talked about the possibilty of doing duo gigs, might take on this gig on march 10th with him & M (one time drummer of kyo)...

really nice to play, loving my piano module...

i had thought that i had a gig with kyo tomorrow night but D with her mad angle on life got it a month wrong and so my original plan of leaving my keyboard @ L's 'til tomorrow was no longer appropriate, and i took the old fella home in the rush hour... nice...

at one point i found a seat on the victoria line, manoeuvred the bulk of the keyboard on my back onto the seat and sat down within the straps of it, the keyboard towering over me... i got out the london review of books and i read...

it was only when the journey was almost done that i realised my keyboard was pitching wildly over onto the man to my right, i asked him whether my keyboard was ridiculously close to his head, he said it was but it was alright, he'd let me know if it actually touched him...

the difference between my impression of me and the view of me from the outside, i'm happily reading, thinking my keyboard is pointing directly upwards behind me, actually it's leaning right into the personal space of my fellow commuters...

also the calm, relaxed way that man was really not bothered...

anyway, to celebrate S's birthday i'm off out to nunhead... the klinker... i'll be listing just as much on my way home as my keyboard was earlier...

x

No comments: