Monday, August 08, 2005

the un planned for future

you know when everything you're thinking about revolves around a certain event, and then the event passes and you find yourself in the un planned for future...?

that's me.

the party on saturday night, a lovely but brief assignation with catalan E, josiah's keys going back to the council...

the house getting back to normal after the party (i have some stories to tell from that day, later),

the lovely catalan E right now waiting for her flight @ luton airport to take her back to barcelona,

josiah's keys given back this morning, closing that long, drawn out mourning period for the dead flat,

short on sleep so not much to say, i guess only this, an image from immediately after putting E on the train, no idea when i'll see her again, i put my ipod in my ears and fire it up, chico buarque's construcao which starts with guitar & voice and builds gradually throughout the tune... recorded in the 70's...

i walk away from the thameslink platform @ kingscross to the victoria line and i get on a train just as the nutty 70's horns come in, giving it a slightly private detective TV theme tune edge... somehow it's the closing credits...

i have no book with me so i just sit gazing at the empty carriage, feeling in my short on sleep state a little like sam spade, or perhaps a superhero, going back to my ordinary life after some kind of adventure...

it amused me & helped me through that vulnerable moment... it won't be my last vulnerable moment either...

i can't wait to tell you about the twins...

x

No comments: