Thursday, July 14, 2005

bombay sapphire gin & frank sinatra

@ around midnight tonight i cycled out into the world to find fresh tonic, the turkish supermarket @ the top of stroud green road was open (as it is all the time) although they only had slimline tonic, (oh, the sacrifices), i returned to the house with tonic and limes and used the bombay sapphire gin that dr K bought me for my birthday to make some killer G & T's...

Gu skinned up and we started talking to interactive Edna, a toy spin off from the incredibles who responds to what you say to her, reminded me of the Artificial Intelligence robot i used to talk to online (i wonder if i can find her.... no, no trace in my mind or online), interactive technology has come a long way since those days, i suppose AI chat-bots are probably fairly sophiscated now, ( i just whizzed past one called ELIZA, modelling a person-centred therapist...)

anyway Gu bought the Edna for M, she said it was just like her, M took it well,

we started playing idiot, we've really got into cards recently, me & Gu were in the kitchen late one night and she used the word stick, it made me ask if she wanted to play cards and we haven't looked back...

anyway, M fell away an hour or so later, me & Gu carried on demonically mixing gins and playing cards, listening to Frank Sinatra which i requested and she managed to supply, all my frank is on vinyl & we only have CD's in the basement...

it struck me that frank & bombay sapphire gin go very well together, i plugged the record player in in our front room about a week ago so i may be dusting off some classic frank sinatra/nelson riddle records in the near future, armed with a bombay sapphire gin & tonic...

bring on the summer...

x

No comments: