Sunday, October 03, 2004

wedding album reconsidering

D & H got married today, in a Fantastic style, H's dad air guitared with the best of them at the end of the night, well, at my end of that night, i'm home and sniffing now, who knows maybe they're still rocking over there in grenwich,

when i got up this morning i sang the song i wanted to sing at the wedding and i couldn't reach all the notes satisfactorily, i've had this cold advancing on me (in me), and it started in my throat, today it shifted to a cough and now in fact to a runny nose, but the main issue was my voice,

i drank all day, spent a fair bit of time with my old friend G who used to drum in the Red Herrings - a band i was in @ university which is where i know this whole crowd today from,

great, great speeches, very funny, very moving ceremony, great music used in the ceremony, theme tunes to tv programmes,

so my turn came to sing after the cake was cut, i was wearing my paul smith suit, i sat down at the (very nice) grand piano and played the first chord singing love me, hoping that the melody would come to me, and then i got into it, opened my eyes midway through to see a video camera right in my face, (common theme throughout the wedding), i hit the notes, i got a really nice response, slight possibility that i was just drunk and didn't notice that i didn't hit the notes, but i don't think so, after i sang i nodded to my cold and said ok then, bring it on, run through me, and hence the sniffing now,

i've been emailing my album to someone in canada and you know i've been really enjoying reevaluating it, i made it years ago, got it to a certain point, not properly mixed / mastered which is because i'm not able to do that on my own, i gave it to a few different people to get feedback on it, intending to throwout certain tunes and produce up the rest, then i moved on from writing musicon computers and got into singing with the piano, so it just sat there gathering the comments of these various people i chose,

and now in a compressed form (sort of mp3 compression but they're wav files still..?) it's being heard by j s, my new email correspondent, and i've really dug the process,

x ok sniffy bedtime x

No comments: