Wednesday, October 27, 2004

skryabin

yesterday was a little rough because i didn't sleep enough the night before, sleeping too much when i can and not enough when i need it is really not the way forward, after my evening class i was pretty low & tired, just before i went to bed i found my skryabin cd downstairs (i'd been listening to it cooking the other day) - john ogdon playing all the piano sonatas & a few other bits and pieces...

so i gave myself a little of the 4th piano sonata, so light and beautiful... it's in two halves & the second half is pretty heavy and thunderous but this first part...

so now i'm learning to play it, at least the opening, i'm 8 bars in so far, there is some heavenly high chords played in 4's over the melody in 6 coming up that is going to twist my fingers right up...

so i was lying in bed today, gradually coming round, someone started playing some piano music close to me,... probably edge actually playing the piano i worked out in the end, really nice, lovely shapes... reminded me of the skryabin at least in mood... so i'm lying there feeling all freshly woken & langourous & he (not knowing i was in) went upstairs & started pumping out some breakbeat tune he's working on that just didn't sit so well with where i was at, where his piano playing had put me...

hmmm, anyway, the real world out there...

x

No comments: