Thursday, October 07, 2004

josiah lack of sleep turbulence pictures with sis listing books joy links too

had breakfast with josiah & grace, got rained on hugely on the way to the cafe in a shower that lasted just long enough to soak me, the amazon was full, josiah late, so manolis had our custom, they arrived once i'd dried graces chair and strapped it in place, grace looking at me curiously as i repeated my name to her heaps of times, i've got her all day on monday so maybe she'll be saying uncle r by the time i give her back to her mum.

grace teething so josiah very short on sleep with all the mad turbulence that brings,

met my sister k tonight for a trip to the pictures, i think it's the power of this book over me but as i was approaching ray's jazz where i was meeting her i was feeling plagued by a swarm of small irritations and i said to myself my aggravations are legion, and this amused me enough to be rid of them, i've repeated this a couple of times since when i've been mulling over one thing or another and it has a certain potency, also potent is the power of my relationship with k, the telling of small woes...

we were originally going to see anchorman, my second time, because i'm the only person she knows who would see it with her, but it's almost left london, (only on in far off romford and it's ilk) so we settled on terminal, except that it was sold out, much to her chagrin (i was unmoved either by the idea of watching it or by being denied it). so we settled in the end on dodgeball, which had it's moments, certain genius cameos, and was certainly a whole lot better than the stepford wives which was our last cinema trip.

lovely to see k, left her on the southbound northern line platform @ leicester square and followed a few fairly dr whoesque corridors to the picadilly line, almost missed my stop (again) through reading that book.

that book which is now at the top of a list of books that i've read recently on this very blog, i also added a links bit but couldn't think of much to link to just yet. quite pleased with myself that i worked out how to do even just this, now if i only knew how to make the books text a little smaller, maybe a different colour.... how much i like looking back at the books i've read, reminds me of my early blogging, typing in a book to my profile and searching for other people who'd read that book in blogdom...

oh literature...

x

No comments: