Thursday, October 21, 2004

old resonance

so my sister saw a poem on the tube which reminded her of me, this prompted me to go to the poems on the underground website and look through a fair few poems, i've only found a way to get to poems from 3 - 4 years ago, i would love to have a look @ poems from further back, poems on the underground has been such a great aspect of my life in this city, my first glimpses of c p cavafy & of pablo neruda came from the tube,...

so browsing through the last few years of poems was quite something, some that i hadn't seen, some that hadn't grabbed me, but the odd one that had touched me, strange how seeing the graphics and the text from a poem on the underground can really evoke that time for me, some isolated poems, then a whole rash of them that i'd been scribbling down on whatever came to hand back then...

listening now to a tune called monk that i wrote years and years ago, maybe the first production of mine that i liked, that felt complete, still not so many of them kicking around, this on a cd i made for one of my classes which i threw these old tracks onto on a whim, this one now i called sol, both titles came from the era of naming things by the name i'd given a sample in my S950, the basic name it gives you is TONE, MONK is a derivation of that, SOL isn't far off, sol based on a recording i made @ the brick lane festival of a street piano, mixed with a sample from bill evans playing solar (the miles davis tune), really lovely listening to old tunes, both of these written since i moved to london, with some poem on the underground resonating in my brain somewhere...

x

No comments: