Monday, September 18, 2006

dreamy

dreamy & slow...

still yawning quite a bit... only been out of bed for an hour or so...

i'm working tuesday, wednesday, thursday & on friday i'll be going to get grace, bringing her back here for friday night hanging out with her on saturday, dinah's last day of work...

so today is kind of my one day off and i love it... i have a few tasks to accomplish for the outside world and a bit of planning for the week ahead but largely i'm going to be doing my own thing...

i sat down earlier at my keyboard and my fingers found a few cool shapes and it's really nice that i could just turn on cubase and record those shapes... sketches...

oh & i'm loving lady & bird...

my floor is covered in scattered minidisks but as the rest of the room is ordered it's not so bad... it pleases me for the moment...

oh & i finished journey by moonlight by antal szerb on the train last night coming back from brighton, actually on the rail-replacement bus journey from brighton to haywards heath, it's a great book... i'm so pleased to have found this writer, i don't know if there's anything else in english by him...

and now i've started your face tomorrow 1: fever and spear by javier marias, the 2nd of the three books i bought with my birthday book tokens, he has such long sentences, it'll take me awhile to recalibrate my reading to suit him... i do love his writing though, and that this is the first of three, the second out now in hardback, is great...

the third book i got with the book tokens was how to catch a star by oliver jeffers, which was grace's birthday present, hopefully not too old for her 3 years... it looks beautiful...

x

No comments: