Friday, December 23, 2005

grace G snowslide selfridges

went down to brighton yesterday to see josiah & grace... both on good form, we went round the shops in brighton largely for my christmas shopping then went back to their's for a meal... me & grace going out to the off license for some wine at one point and on the way back she sat at the busstop and announced that we were going to take a bus...
but your flat is right there grace...

lovely to be able to sit & drink wine with josiah and chat, she cooked for us, something she used to do a lot when she lived round the corner... lovely...

and then me & G went into town today to have a go on the snowslide by the tate modern... great fun... we also hung out for awhile in the tate's bookshop, some great, great books in there, almost finished my christmas shopping by buying something in there but i actually completed the main part of the task once G had skipped off to work... a little detective work led me eventually to selfridges on oxford street, they indeed had what i was after and once i'd bought it i wondered around for a little while...

the main stairwell - escalatorwell i suppose - was being serenaded by the london comunity gospel choir, or at least a few of them, each time they finished a song i would clap and shout along with about one other person...

i was trying to get a good view of this amazing thing set into the ceiling, it meant going up and down the escalator's quite a few times, no bad thing in itself when you've got sweet gospel music in your ears...

i escaped from the madness that is oxford street on christmas eve eve and cycled home where i'm now typing this out, got presents to wrap and then i might see if uncle filmo's up for a pint...

x

2 comments:

patroclus said...

Oo, the same London Community Gospel Choir as features on Nick Cave's Lyre of Orpheus and Abattoir Blues album? Superb. If I'd known, I could have asked you to thank them from me for the excellent backing they did to one of my top favourite NC songs - Darker With The Day - when I saw him, them and the Bad Seeds at Alexandra Palace earlier this year.

Oh look at me, I'm rambling. Happy Christmas!

longcat said...

i once saw nick cave (& the dirty three) perform the soundtrack to the passion of joan of arc at the NFT, it was just before i moved to london on the same day as the notting hill carnival which i went to for the first time...

it's my coolest name drop thing...

happy christmas to you too

x