Friday, November 10, 2006

reluctant musical theatre fan

spent the last few days feeling run down, not sleeping properly and not eating particularly well...

one of my hammersmith lessons was supposed to have been observed yesterday and i got all the paperwork ready (always a stressful thing for me), briefly checked the original email telling me about it only to discover that it was the earlier, rowdier class that was being observed... freaked me out a little, but in the end i decided it was better, having my boss in the room would probably make them less hard work...

so anyway, i cycled in.. passing through hyde park & kensington gardens which was amazing... all kinds of yellow leaves falling from the trees... some deeper colours as well...

arrived at work, finished my preparation and went to teach that session, expecting any moment that my boss would walk in but she never arrived...

on reflection this was one of the last days before OFSTED come in to hammersmith next week so she was no doubt rushed off her feet, madly preparing in a similar but much larger way to my preparation...

i left there as the sun was leaving and cycled home, feeling dead already straight to crystal kebabs where i ordered my customary half falafel half halloumi wrap and someone knocked over my bicycle which in turn broke my headphones...

raced home and consumed said wrap, me & dinah hit the streets very shortly afterwards and we tubed it down to her old workplace where we met felinity, her G & her new flatmate C...

& we settled in to watch the producers, the 2nd time for me, although the 2 leads have changed since i saw it last... reese & cory (first name terms, being as dinah dressed them as part of her job before she became a student) were really great, cory enlgish is a natural, powerful singer & comedian and reese shearsmith is also very funny, a groovy mover and less experienced a singer but still pretty good at holding those melodies...

it brought tears to my eyes at points and the combination of dance and singing/orchestrations was just magical, i realised i'm a sucker for good musical theatre, something i've resisted most of my life...

so today i've been into work in hoxton and on my return i popped into manolis's dinah joining me there, he had money on a horse and we got involved in the televised race... his horse (an outsider @ 14/1) was briefly the leader near the end of the race but no cigar...

and then home to record this improvisation which is rendering as i write...

No comments: