Tuesday, November 07, 2006

copicat

spent much of today in delay heaven, setting up 2 different versions of the arcdev dubb box for my weekly improvisation, one for my voice and one for the rhodes...

then tonight i braved the cold to go south on the tube with my keyboard on my back for tony's rehearsal...

and i was talking to him about tape delays and he told he had a WEM copicat delay that i could borrow... so i carried it home from the rehearsal and there it now sits atop my rhodes piano... it's pretty simple, you can't change the speed of the tape so it pretty much only does one thing that i like, but it has a sustain (feedback) knob which is fairly cool...

the tape itself is really old it seems and i'm tempted to get another one to see how that would change things...

but all that aside my rhodes sounds great through it... i won't be throwing away my arcane device virtual tape delays yet (based,as they are, on the more sophisticated ROLAND space echo) but to have this beast that is even older than my rhodes is really nice...

the tape delay journey goes on...

x

No comments: