Sunday, November 05, 2006

delayed fireworks

so me & dinah set off to ally pally last night but were let down by the W3 bus... rubbish service...

so we went to W(floopy)shaman's house and he lit a fire and we bought some sparklers... later on we did a zilch... i'd only heard about it before and i'd never seen or heard it...

pretty strange & wonderful...

i video'd it so i won't explain it here, but i'll be uploading that video and it'll make sense then... (it involves toxic gas and plastic bags... and fire)

so we eventually rolled out of there at around 2... a second night of debauchery with floopy...

then today after eating to our smiling faces delight @ the amazon he was round ours, trying to sort out dinah's printer troubles and meanwhile i was in my room, experimenting with a virtual tape delay made by this cat...

based on a roland space echo, it has kept me very happy for much of today, pausing only to accompany dinah out to victoria park to see walk the plank do another show, pretty inferior to last years burning of the houses of parliament but a great tiger and a monster firework display which had us both screaming with glee and even brought tears to my babies eyes...

before we went out to see the fireworks i'd been messing around with my rhodes going through the tape delay, once home from the fireworks i introduced my voice to the tape delay and it has been quite an interesting journey...

1stly having a copy of my voice thrown back at me is very interesting and throws a certain light onto my voice which is both scary and very useful, i intend to practise with the delay therefore until i can get rid of the less tasty aspects that i hear...

but also just experimenting with timing, having the same delay running (a set tempo), but playing in different ways that emphasise different pulses, basically swapping between a 3 and a 4 feel... cookie business and an interesting adjunct to the rhythm tree that i've been teaching along with my apprentice @ college recently...

so strange also that i've been playing around for hours and i go to save my work but i've recorded nothing... just twiddled knobs and sang to the air...

x

No comments: