Thursday, June 08, 2006

there's a lull in my life

lying in bed beside my beautiful girl, she sleeping soundly, me with a little grass in me & the slight paranoia that accompanies that, not even a bit sleepy...

that paranoia quietly shining a bright and focussed light on events of the last few days, seeing things in that different light,

makes me feel as though i've been sleepwalking for a few days and i've just woken up, i have the image of a teardrop, or just any drop of water for that matter covering the lens and distorting the view, then the image sliding into focus...

and chet baker singing there's a lull in my life comes into my head and i imagine myself singing it at a gig, maybe it changes somehow and becomes something i've written, but with that vocal line hanging over it still...

so i get out of bed and come here, find the tune and put it on... thinking also of wayne shorter and one of the tunes off schizophrenia, a beautiful major melody at the start of the tune that is shifted into a melancholic minor melody moments later, like my own tune this that is playing over on my myspace, when the rhodes melody comes in it's a major melody that gets shifted into a minor melody moments later...

and this brings to mind the melodic montage i made for J, my 1st girlfriend all those years ago, that i wish i still have, maybe do have somewhere on minidisk...

chet baker mixed with frank sinatra, maybe there was some miles davis in there...

i'll post it up if i can find it, it was beautiful...

x

No comments: