Saturday, June 10, 2006

random moments

it's been an odd week for reporting events and therefore i'd like to give you 2 moments from my week that went unmentioned but are worth mentioning...

firstly the body... elle macpherson no less, no doubt she saw felinity, spski & me throwing stones into the thames and decided to follow us back to the union theatre, waiting a little while to make it less obvious, she arrived with a date after the play had started, in one of the longest scenes, and stood for awhile like lemons, waiting for the scene to end so they could sit down, eventually giving up and draping themselves elegantly into front row seats...

it was my 3rd time watching the play and felinity & spski were my 1st outsiders to see it, very glad of their presence, it was also the day that timeout published a very negative review of the play, and there was a noticeable edge to the production that worked really well... aside from being the only review out of 8 or so that was negative which is taste i guess, the review also spoiled some aspects of the plot and made up other aspects... pretty random but bad news for the production...

& then my other moment (yes, they are a little longer than moments, but indulge me), was yesterday, me & dinah went to the bull & gate in kentish town to drop off posters for her gig there next friday and we strolled up to hampstead heath for a little while to lay in the grass...

she went off to work and i returned on my bike to penetrate a little deeper into the heath, listening to my shuffle on random, gently cycling up hilly bits, through wooded areas... stopping at last at a bench in the shade somewhere deep in it, i read from the emigrants which i'm now almost all the way through for the 2nd - or is it 3rd time?

i've got 5 pages or so left now, i closed the book and found Yimkin's north indian field recordings podcast on my shuffle and listened to it in all it's 44 minutes, much more slowly cycling now within this one wooded area, strange to have north india in my ears and beautiful hampstead heath in my eyes and my nose and beneath my wheels, in particular the call to prayer whilst i was cycling through a clearing that had something magical about it... the sound and the place meeting...

found an unpsidedown tree, climbed it, that was pretty strange, actually climbing down it to get up, then climbing up it to get down again...

it had clearly been ripped off this one at some point in the past...

hampstead heath... one vast magical place... maybe i'll start swimming there again this year... (could happen)

x

No comments: