Friday, June 16, 2006

painted toenails & grand piano's

going out in a little while to see my girl perform with her band, but 1st i'm going to change out of these summer clothes, and wash the streets off my feet...

i took my keyboard over to nottinghill this afternoon, the wedding reception that i'm singing at tomorrow is over there, it was a beautiful afternoon - if a little too hot - and i decided to bring out the 3/4 length trousers and the flipflops... exposing the world to my painted toenails...

strange deal for me this has been, it's taken me ages to do it, being a man, knowing that you meet everyone and their dog out on the streets and worrying what people might make of it...

also forgot how much it hurts walking in flipflops... toughening my feet is one my summer tasks...

so two reactions from the world, both from random women...

firstly on the journey there, after the tube system had really messed with my journey and i was already annoyed, i got on the last of my many trains and a group of teenage women in burka's starting talking in their own language and openly laughing at my feet...

and then a few hours later, walking with spanna in soho, a woman was walking towards us on the pavement and i could see her swiftly taking in first my feet, then my face, then spanna's face...

funny how it is such a surprise to some people, seeing a man with painted toenails...

my other news today is that i've found a way to use the grand piano sound of my piano module... long story, but in brief the grand piano sound is very good but too harsh and i shy away from using it in gigs, preferring the fender rhodes sound or the mellower piano, but the mellow piano is way too mellow and with a little tinkering today i found way to use the grand, very exciting... possibly opening up a groovy space for my gigs, certainly it became a creative space playing it today, rather than a sound i retreat from...

ok...

laters

x

3 comments:

trave said...

hey bro. i've decided to have a gardening and cycling blog, akin to felinity's knitting blog. how are things? not spoken to you in ages.

trave said...

by the way, how do you change the gifs that your template uses?

trave said...

sorted it now :D