Tuesday, January 04, 2005

soulseek is my new napster

back in that happy time, when napster started, hear about a tune at a party, write it down, get home, download it...

my students tell me a song they want to learn on the keyboard, i download it...

then napster went down, audiogalaxy rose from the ashes, audiogalaxy eventually went, or became pay-based, as did napster of course, reopening this year...

so now P's shown me soulseek and it is pleasing me no end,

very sad program on nick drake on radio 2 earlier tonight, his lack of success selling records was one cause of his depression, why didn't they buy his albums in their droves back then in the late 60's early 70's, he could have put out any number of fantastic records,

deression and suicide...

& now i've got enough nick drake to shake a stick at, courtesy of soulseek.

i forgot to mention it but i saw duchess a week ago, the day i came back from blewbury, on the journey to my house i saw her, standoffish as ever, haven't seen her since but at least she's alive...

me & P made a cake last night, spectalularly experimental and really tasty today, made us laugh a great deal, will post a picture of it when i get all that rolling again...

& i spoke to L (double bass player) today, firstly about my stuff but he also asked if i would play @ cargo at the end of the month, KYO...

not decided yet but veering towards yes, i miss performing..

anyway, late at night and my bed awaits,

x

No comments: