Tuesday, January 11, 2005

hungry

first day @ college today, good day, taught well i reckon, i was only observing (double marking) for half the time but had my notation class in the evening, tempting to bring the Mathieu book in but it's way too early, it might well not influence my teaching until next academic year now, i took in a transcription of the complete bassline of too young to die by jamiroquai, taken from a midi file, spent some of the class just following this whilst listening to the track... great track.

P's on her way round and i intend to take her out to my favourite indian restaurant when she gets here, i am STARVING, croissant & smoothie around 2 pm and that's it, that was 7 hours ago and that was my breakfast...!

one of the students i watched this afternoon, doing a presentation about kolb's learning cycle was particularly good, in fact he's the one who i know from before, J, he used to live with D & E over in willesden green, made me think, like all good teachers should, i hope i make my students (including J) think in my lessons...

then i had a chat with C (producer @ college) about selling music over the internet, in particular he mentioned cdbaby & cafepress which i'm going to check out right now, could be a way to get my music out there, maybe i should finish that album after all...?

x

No comments: