Saturday, December 18, 2004

third of a century

coming back today i was looking through my pictures on my phone, tracing what day i'd taken them, tracing in my brain the history of this brief romance i'm currently involved in... brief being what it is now, but not necessarily what it will become...

i was coming back to london after seeing my brother D, his 33 & a 3rd birthday party, a third of a century, with his girlfriend M turning a quarter of a century in less than a month, we also saw the incredibles this morning which meant getting up earlier than i would of, still short on sleep, the film that much more affecting therefore, shed a few tears as animated superheroes risked life and limn, very moonraker in places, very good.

the party last night was lovely, i'd picked up a few long playing records on my way out of here on friday morning, a strange selection but one that proved pretty appropriate in the end, even got three sinatra tunes in there from only the lonely, as well as john martyn and of course portishead, van the man also showed his face from my bag.

turned out to be really couply, all of D's friends in couples who were there, me with no tall, dark beauty on my arm, she's on her way here now i hope...

just really nice time to be had it was, good talking, good music, added to which i finished work yesterday, i ran up to leamington spa immediately afterwards so it still hasn't really sunk in but it's there in the back of my mind...

so tonight we're going to see the last night of love & understanding, see my handiwork put to use, all the work that everyone has done to make it a groovy little thing, i'm really looking forward to completely being in the audience with no responsibility, and also to being out with P, possible dancing opportunity after (& she loves to dance), possibly seeing B before - the director of bash, although the matinee just finished and i doubt he'll hang around that long,...

anyway, glad to be home, can't wait to see my lover...

x

No comments: