Wednesday, December 15, 2004

portishead vinyl poetry

essays marked provisionally, awaiting moderation phone call with my fellow teacher, listening to Roads by portishead which so kills me, always has...

spent a delicious morning with P lounging around listening to this whole album (dummy) for the first time in ages, considering emailing portishead and asking them if they'll do a gig for us, just us if necessary... at the same time showed her On The Mountain by Thomas Bernard, which i bought on the same day i bought this album years back when i was living at home with my family, around the time my dad retired... last night we'd spent some time reading poetry, she'd found a copy of poems on the undergound on my bookshelf that i didn't know i had, finding all those poems that have struck me over the years... so today, lying in bed, both reading from the Thomas Bernard book, how great it is still, she really dug it, how much does that please me?

listening to vinyl, so many records i've been yearning for, moondance by van morrison has been eluding me for a couple of days since i plugged the record player in again, wanted it ever since i saw that episode of The Sopranos with that tune in it...

x

No comments: