Tuesday, December 21, 2004

spaced glee harmonic experience

when i visited my brother on friday night i borrowed a few things, a gong album called angels egg and both series of spaced on DVD, which i started to watch tonight when i got in from the pub, where i was meeting D, finally we managed to meet after three cancellations (one his, two mine).

spaced is fantastic. such glee it gives me, i hope i'm going to get to watch both DVD's before christmas when i see him again, then maybe find a way to see shaun of the dead after that.

really nice to see D, his cancellation (the first) was the impetus for me to invite out P, i bought him a pint for that. he told me about an interesting take on music education by this guy Bill Mat... something, french guy... found this on the internet:

The rules of music -- including counterpoint and harmony -- were not formed in our brains but in the resonance chambers of our bodies.
~ William Allaudin (W.A.) Mathieu, Harmonic Experience: Tonal Harmony From Its Natural Origins to Its Modern Expression (1997).


so that's pretty interesting, the book looks really expensive ($50) but as P pointed out to me in the 99p shop, it's not that these things are cheap, it's that the pound is strong. $50 is about £25 at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have series 1 and 2 of Spaced on dvd (Christmas present from my friend Simes). And I have a sneaking suspicion that someone else may have got me Shaun of the Dead on dvd, too.

Just saying.

So, tomorrow?

K x