Saturday, June 26, 2004

doubts return catshit (not)

a strange day today, woke at 12:15 to find a text from my housemate cedric nash from 6:46, saying my cat had shat outside my door, balthazara, who was curled up with me on my bed, dribbled once or twice (the cat) which bemused me... wasn't shit but vomit (how nice this post is), which maybe tells me something about feeding her, the choices and decisions you can make when you are in control of more factors than before...

then strangely anxious for much of the day, not altogether sure why, oh and our internet is being funny, intermittent and irregular... maybe a few missing days here until i'ts sorted,

went with cedric to see the return, beautiful russian film, enormously human, very moving,

a little later i took john berger to jai krishna, ever wonderful food that really regenerates me, entirely vegetarian south indian cuisine on stroud green road. the book is called the shape of a pocket, and i bought it yesterday in the tate modern bookshop, after an incredibly taxing day which turned into a nice evening. a performance or rather a rehearsal for a performance, from some of my students, in preparation for another performance a week on monday. the day was really nuts, so many things to deal with, complete, organise, and by 4ish i was done for, but the gig went surprisingly well, reminded me of a - just how much i will miss some of these students and b - just how talented some of them are, i don't know how i can teach them all year and still be surprised at that, but it's nice when it happens...

i had taken in venus in furs, by mr masoch (of masochism fame), which i may yet read but didn't really do it for me yesterday, not really my bag, and although that doesn't mean i won't read it, it has to come at me on the right day, so i was happy after work to stroll along the southbank, let the bookshop draw me in, let john berger find me,

x

No comments: