Sunday, November 21, 2004

my tongue is a cat

whenever i change something in my room, my cat balthazara spends a while checking it out, the new configuration, brushing up against edges, pushing the side of her face against things to secrete that my territory stuff on it.

now i've got this huge hole in one of my back teeth my tongue cannot resist checking it out, rubbing up against it, feeling the edges...

my tongue is a cat (and a long one at that),

balthazara just pleased me immensely by sitting in the doorway of the room i was playing piano in while i sang through most of my current songs and most of the rest of the house were downstairs turning up the stereo notch by notch.

a few things coincided today to put me in a raw place, hence the need to sing my stuff, was meant to meet E but she blew me out, spending the afternoon instead with my flatmate dr K & others, i hate that that annoys me but you know what? it does annoy me, spent the day instead working on the music to love & understanding, the writer of which, joe penhall, adapted the novel enduring love for the film which has just come out and has that guy from layercake in it.

curiously frustrating this writing for this play... getting somewhere but i don't know that i like where i'm getting...

shaved today, of note only because i realise that i'm shaving once a week at the moment, so for example my friday students always see me with the same level of stubble... as i was looking through my drawer for new razors i found some new contact lenses... i'm just about to switch to a new kind, if i knew i had these i would've held off... anyway, scatterbrain that i am, i'll hold off the new kind for a month, even though this kind starve my eyes of oxygen... (so my optician told me)..

x

No comments: