Saturday, November 27, 2004

composition

nearing the first deadline for this thing, an early version by monday, still writing it, some of it is going to be fairly improvised, some heavily structured, working right now on a piece right at the heart of the dramatic action, the central moment in the play, i by turns hate it and love it,

i'm so frustrated with my fingers, not being able to play whatever i decide on at any given moment, the ability to play my composition lagging behind my writing, always will be the case, should be using my pc to program the bits i can't play but i would so love to be able to just think, hmmmmm... maybe ... this, and just play it...

like the music for bash, my first foray into theatre composing, i was writing the music right up to the edge of recording it, in the end i couldn't play the final piece all in one go, glued it all together in the pc, which came out fine,...

No comments: