Saturday, March 26, 2005

shuffling pounding the streets moonlit cat

so i went down to brighton on thursday to get grace & josiah, beautiful day. stooged around town for awhile, bought heaps of things, including a beard trimmer, swimming earplugs & an ipod shuffle - lowest of the shuffles @ £70, 512M...

i'm sat here now on friday night, having had my first day of ipodness, josiah & grace went off to another godparents today - they're back here tomorrow night (saturday) - after they left i plugged my ipod into my PC - put my old napster folder into itunes and randomly filled up it's little half a gig drive with tunes...

i left the house on the way to waitrose and the very first tune i heard on it was mmm skyscraper, i love you.. by underworld, killer track, followed by:
stand by sly and the family stone,
numbers by smoke city,
hidden camera by photek,
wierd al yankovic's my name is, my name is, my name is... Darth Vader,
killing me softly by roberta flack,
i didn't know i was looking for love until i found you by everything but the girl...

fantastic track after fantastic track...

hello random... the god of good radio who makes every tune just right for you on certain days was shining down love upon my first ever experience with the apple corporation...

my second trip out was via howl by allen ginsberg, 20 minutes of poetry... followed by some wayne shorter... i let my feet lead me through streets north of my house, eventually linking up with the disused railway and following that up to highgate, too dark by then to come back down, i phoned up P and popped round for a cup of tea... tried to get my ipod to talk to her mac which was only partially successful...

on my home from seeing her - which extended into a trip to the pub, i was walking down a street i hardly ever walk down - mitford street - and directly in my path, under the full moon, a beautiful cat just like my balthazara was waiting for me... timid at first but friendly in that reserved way that cats have...

x

No comments: