Tuesday, March 29, 2005

recording

a few years back i met someone from my past who i'd written a song for as a 15/16 year old... i really wanted to sing it to her, but it just didn't happen in the end, so i recorded it and sent it to her...

the act of recording it gave my other music making a kick up the arse... within 6 months i had an album half finished, made up of all kinds of tunes from the years before that... it's still unfinished, needs pruning and producing...

so now here i am recording harbour walls for someone - although i actually sang it to her a few weeks back so it's not the same exactly, (and i'm glad it's not the same, that other situation didn't quite work out how i planned it..)... and i can feel a similar kick being delivered to other tunes, to my music in general, once this is recorded it will go to her, and to P, and onto my shuffle, but it will also go to the bass, cello & drums in my nascent band...

recording voice into SX turning out to be so straight forward... what a joy that will be... writing with my voice as well as my fingers...

x

No comments: