Friday, September 24, 2004

LRB joy composing time of day apprentice working

so today i hope to go to my landlords and make progress on the bash music, found myself at the piano at work after teaching yesterday and it evolved under my fingers, that piano which i've just had moved so needs tuning, i left there and the sun was setting in a marvellous orange fashion, meaning for me that my time writing had been as the sun was approaching the horizon, the time that i know from previous experience i can access some kind of energy for composing...

the teaching went well, actual information and stimulation for the students being the thing which settles things down. had M helping for the first session, the apprentice on this module, she is super organised and i am not. interesting dynamic that will be good for me. also she is used to running vocal warmup sessions and the way that this module will go i'm going to take note of her warmups in the morning and reproduce them in the afternoon, filling a gap of mine, although i found teaching something that isn't mine - particularly so intimately related to the body - was challenging, felt slightly fraudish in the afternoon. M was great doing her bit in my lesson, i think it's going to work out well.

and then the fact that one of my morning students was reading adorno, and that he'd just organised a memorial concert for edward said with daniel barenboim, through his work at the london review of books. he emailed me last night and said he would send me a few back issues with a view to setting up my subscription again... wahey.

and finally the search for a 7th member of this house is at an end, we met and chose M last night (not the apprentice), closely winning a vote with M, but M won in the end... (too many M's), so M is right now bussing backwards and forwards up the road moving a few things in before she goes back to spain on saturday to look after her dad, (resonance there), and she'll be living here about 2 weeks after that.

i still haven't found my keys, neither do i have any clear awareness about which of these keys on my desk is the key to my landlords house,

oh and i finished the poisonwood bible in bed when i woke up today, lovely way to finish a book, lovely, lovely book to finish,

i have some vegetarian sausages in the fridge that are within their date, which surprises me, every time i run out of money i assume all my food has gone bad for some reason, so breakfast awaits me, strange halflight of no money while i wait for a cheque to clear, and on top of that leaving my travelcard at home yesterday so i had to fork out for another... foolishness and clumsiness, also the halflight of how things are with E, strange how my light analogies work or don't work, tentatively writing a song about loving in the halflight, meaning half relationship, but when that halflight disappears, it's not like i'm now in the dark, and in fact that's the deal with half relationships, they are uncannily similar to being alone anyway, which is kind of where she's reached now, balthazara jumping on my desk to show me love, real danger of knocking over the precariously balanced chess set... later x

No comments: