Thursday, September 09, 2004

a butterfly at christmas

i am very excited.

just to hold it off a little longer i'm going to tell you about my day, (in brief).

the front door woke me @ 9:30, i scurried downstairs hoping to see the postman with a package for me, only to find a lady pirate (long story),

i returned to bed disappointed. without being able to get back to sleep i went to check if the post had come yet, and it had. i phoned the man who i'm buying the module from and he told his wife had sent it a couple of days ago - he said she must have sent it 2nd class. i started wondering if it would arrive in time for fridays gig, or sundays for that matter.

even more disappointed i drifted off into a bizarre sleep, always bizarre though the sleep you have once you've woken up and back to bed/sleep. i woke again @ 2, then finally @3:45, glum, today was going to be a day of investigating this new piano, also that odd feeling of having slept all day, all that sunlight i'd missed...

so i came downstairs bleary eyed, the lady pirates had taken over the groundfloor and sat upon our frontroom table was a large package bearing my name...

unspeakably exciting, i felt like i'd gone to bed and my sleep had woven a cocoon around me, i'd woken up a butterfly.

and since i couldn't straight away check out the sounds on this module (lady pirates), i went about my day, checking emails, playing chess, breakfasted out @ the amazon.

now i'm back, the frontroom is free, i've had a cup of tea. i have that christmas feeling of knowing i have a treat but holding it off.

oh and i realised, sat in the amazon, that my email changing (& it has changed qualitatively) has put me in that strange connected state when i'm sat @ my computer, to the extent that i felt slightly bereft of this connectedness as i ate my breakfast... something to check out, also that the email business will shift me back upstairs to my own computer, rather than this basement computer that has caught me a little in it's sway...

anyway,

i have something to do...

x

No comments: