Thursday, September 16, 2004

how many times do i have to learn about me & sleeplessness?

second day of the soundstart induction week today (wednesday),

on monday night i had insomnia, went to bed around 1:30am, got to sleep around 5am (i think), this could be something i've had before to do with work starting, the way i imagine it i resent going back to work after a holiday, i see going to sleep as my holiday being over - being as when i wake up i'm going to work, so i just don't go to sleep, saying i here & referring to a cross little boy somewhere in my subconscious, then again it could be that tiny amount of marching powder the other night, or indeed the huge lack of sleep on the weekend knocking me around still.

so tuesday was messy, i got to work ok, (funny how i go back to sleep after my alarm but wake up just in the nick of time to get to work on time, albeit looking mad), and i worked well i think, teaching is like performing in that respect as they love saying at my college, i can generally rise to it no matter what kind of mad state i'm in, although after gigs i can taste the adrenaline still, teaching has a different taste. after teaching i pretty much started babbling more or less incoherently, met with S, (A's wife), she's doing only the search & reflect module from the teaching course, which is great that she can.

because we finished an hour early i was stuck, my keyboard being @ L's and he not getting in from work til later, all carefully arranged before so i could get to my soundcheck on time, (playing with greenlaw down in clapham that night), so i accompanied S up to camden on the tube, lovely to talk to her, although i was starting to get more than a little tangential by the time i left her, drifted back on the tube, realising how perfect that environment was for that state, warm, constant motion, soothing chatter of train sounds...

made it to L's got into his building by chance before him and chilled out on the roof, the most incredible roof, right by spitalfields market, such a view in such a wondrous light, added to which they'd recently painted the floor (of the roof) white, making it almost snowlike...

L arrived (he waved at me as he came round the corner) we played chess, i was dumb, got afew pieces down but made it back, lost in the end, exciting game, he gave me tea, kitkats and a croissant, i ironed my shirt, i was getting late for my soundcheck so he pushed me out the door with my keyboard weighing so much more than normal (in my mind), i got to liverpool street station and realised i'd left my book (with my travelcard) @ L's, i simply couldn't face lugging the keyboard back there so i wasted more money on dailies (for today as well), went down to the gig, very much the worse for wear.

but in the end the gig was great, i shone, they were great, we were great, loads of quality acts down there that night, the acoustic lounge @ the 100 bar, clapham park road, in particular a singer/songwriter/guitarist (of which there were a few) with definate strains of nick drake & elliott smith whose name escapes me, (and isn't on their website - likewise so aren't we - we being the past),

bubbles didn't make it,

i've bumped into F two mornings running now @ sam's counter @ finsbury park, both times have been at my really close to being late time to catch my train so i ought not to be seeing her too often, who knows though, maybe i will,

i saw her last week too (i wonder if i blogged that?) kooky,

and today work was great, search & reflect with soundstart which i was more than a little nervous about beforehand but they lapped it up, fantastic, i met with L's flatmate and got my book back, (so upsetting being without a book - i took out dark back of time but it didn't work), with my travelcard in it, gave my daily to someone at the busstop,

oh and then tonight i went to the pictures with dr K and i cried several times with laughing, we saw anchorman, and it was perfect, could have saved it for my sister being as we saw elf together but glad i saw it waith dr K, lovely...

x

No comments: