Thursday, April 06, 2006

rich time

odd not to have posted since sunday, me & my often more than once a day blog...

(listening to this beautiful semble album)

it's been a rich time...

some real lows, many real highs...

H cello came round on tuesday, we played through a couple of the tunes i'm doing @ the vibe bar, i love how we sound, me & her, my voice against her cello... hmmm...

had a long awaited conversation with someone yesterday that proved to be most hideous... this morning i woke up with my dinah, went with her to crouch end and once she'd gone off to meet her mum (whose birthday it is today) i was sat in a cafe and only then did i begin to be in a good place with that conversation... 20 or so hours later...

it was a conversation that i'd initiated and i guess i was hoping to get some resolution (for us both) through the conversation itself, but not this time, i've climbed my way to an understanding and a resolution but entirely on my own (and with the love and support of some lovely people, dinah & hilda (G) in particular),

i've thought previously about writing a song from this situation, and it is the classic model for it, a situation in which i don't feel i'm being understood, a desire to be able to better express myself... not dissimilar to how i felt back when i was writing love is lies, and though this situation has felt just as bleak as that did back then the song that could come out of this would be a great deal more hopeful...

and funnily enough if i manage to write it i think i'll be performing love is lies and it as the two other songs in my set (beyond the three that i know i'm doing right now)..

currently in the process of the first deflea of the spring/summer, the weather is warmer and so i frontlined her with the help of hilda (G) last night, when i was still under the spell of the unease from that conversation... hilda (G) & dinah & me drinking sherry and playing cards eased me a great deal... the deflea itself surprisingly easy with hilda's help, balthazara hated me as she always does for an hour or so, although she was beginning to come round to love again just before i retired to bed, she's still quarantined to the basement and the outside for another few hours but she'd forgiven me by this afternoon...

x

No comments: